Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Progress

Today I went and hung out with Kellyn for three hours instead of writing out my econ exams' study sheets or reading for Classicism. I really don't know if I've stopped my school work mid-week to just have some time with my friend(s) this semester, last semester, or the one before that even. I was saying something at Spiderhouse, and Kellyn said, "Let me just stop you right there, and we're going to have a toast," as she raises her Lone Star, "to Kelsey." I clicked my coffee cup hard against her beer glass & took a huge gulp.
I don't know if it was the fact that I had just swigged a decent amount of hot beverage, but I felt warmth inside. I felt true, unfamilial love and understanding between us, which almost immediately gave way to a calming sensation that can't be matched.
I've rarely felt so refreshed when there's so much school work sitting, unfinished, on my lap.
I need more times like that one.
And, to top off a good day, I'm eating Stouffer's Macaroni & Cheese for the first time since I was probably 8-years-old. I've been so scared of how delicious and rich it is, but tonight, I don't care. Rarely do I not care or dwell upon the fat content I put into my mouth.
I feel... different. It kind of scares me. I kind of really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment